need Additional assistance?

Below is the most up to date information we have on Florida Country Jails, if any of the websites are not currently online or up to date, please call 813.400.3464 for assistance.

Rehabilitation & Drug Counseling​

The following includes helpful resources to assist you or a loved one.

Florida’s Substance Abuse Impairment Act governs the voluntary and involuntary commitment and treatment for substance abuse. The act is also known as the Hal S. Marchman Alcohol and Other Drug Services Act or Marchman Act.

Treatment under the Marchman Act can be voluntary or involuntary.  However, if the admission will be involuntary, certain criteria must be met. The Marchman Act permits a person to be admitted for assessment or treatment for substance abuse against his or her will in various ways, according to specified procedures and criteria. For example, a law enforcement officer may have someone placed in protective custody if he or she exhibits a need for treatment (1) in a public place or (2) in a way that attracts the officer’s attention. Additionally, any responsible person with knowledge of a person’s substance abuse may apply to have that person admitted in an emergency if the person is likely to harm himself or herself or others or is so impaired that he or she cannot recognize the need for treatment. A spouse, relative, guardian, or three adults with knowledge of the person’s substance abuse may petition the court for involuntary treatment.

The Marchman Act also contains provisions concerning numerous areas other than involuntary treatment. For example, there are provisions addressing voluntary admission; voluntary drug court programs for offenders; licensing of service providers; local ordinances concerning treatment of habitual abusers; and inmate substance abuse programs. 

The Marchman Act is used to facilitate involuntary admission to the Addictions Receiving Facility for an individual who appears to have lost the power of self control due to use/abuse of alcohol or drugs.
The Marchman Act for substance abuse is explained here: First Step of Sarasota Requirements and Process 

This is Florida’s Mental Health Act which states “The Baker Act encourages the voluntary admission of persons for psychiatric care, but only when they are able to understand the decision and its consequences and are able to fully exercise their rights for themselves.  When this is not possible due to the severity of the person’s condition, the Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment). It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person:
*   has a mental illness (as defined in the Baker Act).
*   is a harm to self, harm to others, or self neglectful/SUICIDAL (as defined in the Baker Act).

Examinations may last up to 72 hours (3 days) after a person is deemed medically stable and occur in over 100 Florida Department of Children and Families-designated receiving facilities statewide.

There are many possible outcomes following examination of the patient.  Including:  the release of the individual to the community (or other community placement); a petition for involuntary inpatient placement (what some call civil commitment); involuntary outpatient placement (what some call outpatient commitment or assisted treatment orders); or voluntary treatment (if the person is competent to consent to voluntary treatment and consents to voluntary treatment). The involuntary outpatient placement language in the Baker Act took effect in 2005.

The Baker Act for mental health is explained here: Department of Children and Families Baker Act Information

Narcotics Anonymous

Suncoast NA
24 Hour Helpline
Alcoholics Anonymous

Central Office of Sara-Mana
24 Hour Helpline

*Due to the large number of meetings in the Sarasota and Manatee County area, please visit to search for a local meeting.

Warrant Search

Florida Counties with Online Warrant Searches
If your county is not listed, click here to perform a statewide Florida search.

Need to apply for an E-bond?